Essential Cottage Information
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
Arrival and departure day is shown on each of the property description pages. Properties are normally available from 3pm on the day that your holiday commences and should be vacated no later than 10am on the day of your departure. However, some properties have later arrival and departure times and these will be stated in your booking instructions. You will be given instructions as to key collection and we ask that you read and follow these instructions carefully to ensure there are no entry issues on arrival at your property.
We offer short breaks throughout the year for anything between 3 and 6 nights. Please see our Short Breaks page for more information. You will receive full details of arrival time, directions and key arrangements after you have paid the balance of the hire charge.
Although duvets and pillows are provided, bed linen, towels and tea towels are not included unless indicated in the description. Please check at time of booking.
TRAVEL COT/HIGH CHAIR
A cot or high chair is only provided where mentioned in the property description. Please call for details.
ELECTRICITY AND HEATING
Electricity and heating are included in the rental cost, but where an open fire is available the fuel for this may need to be purchased separately.
All our cottages are cleaned thoroughly between holidays. We would ask that you to please leave the property and its contents in a clean and tidy condition, and remove any rubbish on departure.
All of our properties are non-smoking.
Pets are allowed in some of our properties, unless otherwise stated in the details. However, we cannot accept responsibility for their safety, and they are accepted only on the understanding that they are kept under control. At no time should they be left alone unsupervised on the premises, and we request that they be kept off the furniture and not allowed in bedrooms. Properties which accept pets do so on the condition that pets have been fully treated to protect them against parasites. On occasion, although a property may specify pets are not acceptable, it may be possible that the owner’s own dog may have been in the property. Please ask if you have any concerns about this, specifically, for example, if anyone in your party is allergic to pets. We will be happy to clarify the position in more detail for you. We receive an increasing number of enquiries of this nature and it is always worth mentioning to us at the time of booking to ensure a trouble-free stay. A charge will be made of £30 per pet per stay. Some property descriptions indicate an enclosed garden, but please note that this does not mean it is totally escape-proof.
Christmas and New Year bookings will run from the usual start date for the property. Please ask if you require different dates as we may be able to help.
ALTERATIONS TO BOOKINGS
We cannot accept a change of holiday property once we have received your deposit payment. It may be possible to change your holiday week providing you advise us not less than eight weeks prior to your original holiday start date. This is not always possible, although if we are able to rearrange this for you, a charge of £50 will be made to cover administration costs. No change of dates is operative until we receive written confirmation and the alteration fee.
Some properties have extra beds or sofa beds; the extra number of persons will be shown as + 1 or + 2. In no circumstances may more than the maximum numbers of persons indicated occupy a property (see our Booking Conditions page). In addition caravans, campervans and tents may not be parked or erected at the property without the owner’s consent.
Please take all your belongings with you. If, when you arrive home, you notice something missing; please let us know as soon as possible. We are happy to return items to you at cost with a minimum charge of £2.50 but, please note, items not claimed within 28 days will be disposed of.
ELECTRIC CARS AND DEVICES
Electric cars are becoming increasingly common and we want to ensure they can be catered for wherever possible. Not all properties will have a suitable and safe place to charge vehicles, so always best to check prior to booking if this is an essential requirement. We strongly recommend you speak with the homeowner prior to arrival to discuss charging arrangements for any electric cars. Owners hold the right to charge additional fees if car charging is felt to be excessive.
We appreciate you may wish to bring electrical devices with you on holiday. These should always be in a safe condition. All our properties will have suitable heating arrangements and cooking equipment so we do not recommend bringing these items with you on holiday. For devices such as electrical heaters, there could be a potential fire risk, so we will always ask you to discuss such devices with owners prior to arrival.
1. If you are unhappy with your booking or the way it has been handled, please inform us immediately.
2. The contract is between you the Hirer, and the Homeowner, so if any problems arise during your stay, you should contact the person whose details are given on the paperwork who should put the matter right as soon as possible.
3. If the matter is not resolved, let us know as soon as possible. Complaints not reported at the time cannot be entertained subsequently and it is regretted that no correspondence can be entered into in the case of complaints made after you return home when it will be appreciated that it is quite impossible for them to be effectively investigated.
4. If you have an urgent problem, please contact the person whose details are given – it may be the Homeowner or keyholder. If you cannot contact the Homeowner or the keyholder, telephone our office on 01929 422776 during office hours; if this is not possible, then call our out-of-hours contact number (details will be given with final invoice and directions).
5. Please leave a telephone number or location where you can be contacted.
6. We will do all we can to rectify the matter – if we are unable to do this and, in our opinion, your complaint is justified, we will try to find alternative accommodation for you. i. This may involve an increase or decrease in your holiday cost, depending on the price category of the alternative property. ii. It may not be possible to re-locate you in high season. In such cases, where you do not stay in your booked property, we will arrange a full reimbursement of the price paid.
7. Our liability and that of the Homeowner is limited to the price you paid, except in the case of legal liability for personal damage or injury, for which purpose public liability insurance is carried by the Homeowner.
Many of the properties within this brochure are older cottages dating back to the last century or earlier. It is important to remember before booking your holiday in one of these properties that part of the charm of such properties are the characteristically low ceilings, doorways and beams. They often have steep and narrow stairs and because of low or sloping ceilings, may have limited clothes hanging facilities. Many were also built before the introduction of damp proof courses and cavity insulation.
These points are particularly important to note if your party has any elderly or very young members. We feel that having made these points, however, that these are all aspects which add character and charm and would not hesitate to recommend them if these features are understood. This information supersedes previous issues.